There are a plethora of reasons that justify the overwhelming attribute of gas stoves which makes it preferred by professional chefs and aspirational foodies alike. Furthermore, a survey of over 100 chefs has spilled the beans saying that 96% prefer cooking with gas. But let us face the harsh reality! As much as we love cooking like a professional by tossing the food like a pro (well, almost), cleaning up the same is not a fun-filled task. However, FYI, maintaining a stove top is crucial to assure that you can enjoy cooking on it for years to come. So whether you are thinking of purchasing a glass top stove, or already have one installed, consider these preservation tips to make the most of your stove.
DIY Ideas to Clean Your Gas Cook-top
Ace the Power of Vinegar
Making use of vinegar as a glass stove top cleaner minimizes the use of harsh chemicals. Vinegar is ideal for day to day subsistence and light grease stains.
To clean your glass stove top with vinegar:
- Spray the burners with vinegar and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Utilize a neat piece of cloth to wipe down the dirt.
That’s it! Your grates should look clean and shiny. Bear in mind that vinegar is the most effective weapon for cutting through grease before it ends up sticking on the surface.
Sprinkle the Baking Soda
While vinegar is great to remove grease, baking soda is a master agent at removing stubborn grease and dirt stains on your glass stove top. Like vinegar, it is also gentle on the environment and your budget.
- Start the job by rubbing each burner with lukewarm water mixed with dishwashing detergent to eliminate the primary film of grease.
- Add spoonfuls of water to a cup of baking soda to make a concentrated paste.
- Smear each burner with this cooktop cleaner paste and leave it for 20 minutes to lift the grease.
- Utilizing a sponge, scrub the softened food residue thoroughly.
Ammonia to Fight Tougher Stains
If the baking soda and the vinegar trick is failing- it’s time to bring in the something as strong as Thanos in the world of stove top cleaner. For baked-in grease and tough food residue stains, ammonia is a menacingly effective cleaning agent.
- Put each burner grate into individual zip lock pouches.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add one-quarter of a cup of concentrated liquid ammonia.
- Seal the ziplock bag and leave it to rest for several hours or even overnight, thereby allowing the ammonia to soften and lift the grime safely from the enameled iron.
- Remove the grates from the bag, wipe off the grates, and appreciate your glistening new burners.
Ta-Daaa! And with that, we are done by providing you with some of the best DIYs for cleaning your glass top stove at home without any presence of complicated steps. Like any cleaning job, a routine maintenance using stove top cleaner will go miles to ensure that you don’t spend hours scouring baked-on stains from your stove top. True as daylight, cleaning up is not the fun part of preparing a palatable meal, a little regular preservation step here and there will ensure that your freedom from putting in too much elbow grease to keep your stovetop grease under control.
With this write-up, we are also happy to provide you with a bonus that will solve your hunt for the perfect purchase of a gas stove. Browse through Arzooo.com and surround yourself with an array of gas stove collection that will precisely leave you bewildered. However, our experts care to wipe off the confusion by providing you with product suggestions @Arzooo to suit the budget of various individuals.