So, after a long time, you have decided to buy a new refrigerator and when you visited the store, you are confused amidst the different styles of the refrigerators. Well, with time the design of refrigerators have changed leaps and bound. From a simple double door fridge, it has shifted to side-by-side door refrigerator and French door refrigerator. Not to forget, the refrigerators are huge and have a huge space inside. You can easily arrange the food items without overloading the interior. Apart from that, the new refrigerators consume less electricity and have LED lights to illuminate the interiors.
With that being said, if you are visiting an electronics store to buy a refrigerator after a long time, you might get confused about which style to purchase. Both the style, Side-by-Side door and French door style are quite attractive and are perfect for the modern kitchen set up.
Hence, in this blog, we will point out some factors about both the refrigerators and finally spill the bean in that will help you to take a final decision.
French Style Refrigerator: French door refrigerators mainly differentiate from side-by-side door refrigerators with a third door and sometimes fourth as well. The top portion of the appliance is where the fridge is located in a dual door chilling place. It is same as the side-by-side refrigerator. The bottom 1/3rd part of this refrigerator includes either one or two pull-out freezer compartments. Next, a 3 door French refrigerator has one freezer compartment on the bottom, unlike a 4-door one which has two freezer compartments. French door refrigerators are ideal for large kitchens and they generally cost way higher than a side-by-side door refrigerator.
A side-by-side door refrigerator has two full-length doors, which the right section being used as a fridge and the left section is used a freezer. The size of these refrigerators makes them an ideal choice for a medium sized kitchen and this style is frequently purchased by the majority of people.
Benefits of French Style Refrigerator
- French door refrigerators offer more space for storage than other styles. In fact, when compared to a side-by-side door refrigerator, you’ll notice a difference of almost 3 cubic feet in the refrigerator and the width of is a tad more oblique that offers more storage space.
- The French style refrigerators will allow you to view the majority of chilled contents at an eye level while the freezer is at the bottom. This makes the French style freezer more favourable by the consumers as the access to the primary fridge area (accessed more frequently) easier compared to the freezer which accessed less frequently.
Benefits of Side-by-Side Door Refrigerator
- One of the primary benefits of side-by-side door refrigerator is that the freezer section is quite easy to access and the overall storage area is way easier to organize for better accessibility. This is not possible in a French door refrigerator.
- Another thankless benefit of this refrigerator is the ice dispenser which takes up less space than a French door refrigerator.
- Cost is an also big factor in this case. As we have mentioned before, a French style refrigerator is more expensive than a side-by-side door refrigerator. This makes it a favourable appliance by the mass.
Which Refrigerator should you Purchase?
Before we go deep into this discussion, the end decision lies in your hand and accordingly you will purchase the refrigerator. However here are few points that you should or can consider before buying a refrigerator.
- If you have a medium sized kitchen, which most of us does have then consider buying a side-by-side door refrigerator unless you want to kill all the space in your kitchen with a French style refrigerator.
- If you are not much comfortable with bending down for accessing the freezer, then the side-by-side door refrigerator is your answer. However, if that is not a big issue for you then you can bet on a French style refrigerator.
- If you want a lot of space inside your refrigerator, then French style is your BFF.
- Lastly, cost is another big factor and let us not forget, we actually think about this before buying any new home appliance. So, if you are comfortable with spending a considerably higher amount then you can go for a French style refrigerator. However, if the case is other way round, side-by-side refrigerator is there to rescue you.