Buying the right washing machine is important for a peaceful life. Washing Machines play a pivotal role in our ever-evolving, day to day needs. In the olden days women had to carry their laundry to the river to wash it. Since the invention of electricity, many machines have been developed to ease our everyday life. From the earliest mechanical wringers to the electrical steel washers to the current automatic machines- washing machines have come a long way.
Nowadays the customers are spoilt for choices with too many different types and sizes of washing machines. The Indian market is flooded with brands and models- all promising to do the job perfectly, at the minimal cost. This Ultimate Guide to buying the right washing machine makes the first step of your buying journey much simpler. Consider the following specifications before buying the right washing machine.
Types of Washing Machine –
There are 3 types of washing machines that are available in India at the moment.
These are entry level washing machines with 2 tubs. They are cheaper and don’t need a constant supply of water. They are not feature rich, but can get the basic job of washing clothes done. Semi-automatic machines have 2 separate tubs for washing and drying and need manual intervention to move the clothes from washer to dryer.
Fully Automatic Top Loading-
Fully automatic top load machines are the most widely used at the moment. These have only 1 tub for both washing and drying and don’t require any manual intervention. They have preset washing programs which can work with the press of a button.
Since these machines have integrated washing and drying functions, they work faster and use lesser energy than semi-automatic machines. Some models also have built-in heaters.
Fully Automatic Front Loading-
These machines use the best technology. Most of the machines have built-in heaters which are required for a hot wash. Using variable spin speeds for quicker drying they can result in lesser energy and water consumption.
It is advisable to fill the tub of the machine up to 75% of the total load capacity. This ensures optimum level of washing with efficient use of water. Refer to the below chart to get an idea about the different capacity you could purchase.
Besides considering the type and capacity of the washing machine, the following are some points which can help you in buying the right washing machine-
- Wash Cycles – Most top loader and front loader have wash cycles. Some advanced machines provide a plethora of wash cycles but come at a premium. These settings adjust water temperature and spin speeds to suit a wide range of fabric types.
- Water Heater – Most front loader and some top loader fully automatic machines have a hot water wash functionality. They have an inbuilt heater which controls the temperature of the water. Read more about the differences between front load and top load washing machines.
- Quick Wash – This feature helps in quickly was a small load of clothes. This is very important when you have that last minute meeting and your clothes are in the laundry basket.
- Pause Washing Cycle – More often than not you forget to put the last sock or handkerchief in the machine, this feature is exactly for that kind of a situation. Most washing machines lock the doors once the washing cycle starts, a pause option would definitely let you put that in the machine.
- Steam – This feature is available in most mid-range to high-end washing machines these days. Steam passes through fiber better and hence, is used for removing tough stains which lead to odor free wash.
Since, doing laundry is an important part of our lives, it should be a rewarding experience. Buying the right washing machine should not come at a price. Arzooo gives you the best price for your electronics. Beat prices everywhere and save additional money.